- We take your privacy seriously
- This privacy statement explains when and why Jazz.be collects data about you, the website visitor, how we use it and how we protect it. In this way we want to communicate as clearly and transparently as possible about how we handle personal data. Jazz.be always complies with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, in force on 25/05/2018).
This privacy statement is updated regularly, so please check this page from time to time to ensure that you still agree to any changes. By using this website, you agree to this privacy statement.
Questions about You can always submit this privacy statement and our privacy measures at email@example.com
What information do we collect about you?
The information we collect about you may include your name, address, email address, IP address, purchases and surfing behavior on our website. When you make purchases from us, your card information is not held by us, but by third party payment processors that specialize in processing and tightly securing online credit / debit card transactions.
- How is your data used?
We may use your information to:
– Process orders that you have placed with us
– To answer questions you sent us
– Process competition entries
– Ask your opinion about our products and services
– Keep you informed of any changes
– Send you information that you asked of us or that may interest you. This includes announcements about new names in the program and exclusive benefits associated with our events or those of our partners.
– Make better recommendations based on your interests in your jazz profile
We regularly review our retention period for all this personal information. These are never kept longer than 15 years or when necessary, unless stated otherwise in a contract.
- Who has access to your information?
We never give or sell your personal information to third parties.
We never share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Your data is stored on secure servers and those of our ticketing and website provider or their suppliers. All documents containing personal data are secured and locked. Only the authorized person performing data analysis has access to this information. Although we have your name, e-mail address and other information (see question above) at Jazz.be, we never have your card information. This is held by third party payment processors who specialize in processing and securing online transactions via credit / debit card.
- Your choices
You choose whether you want to receive information from us. We will never contact you by email, post or telephone if you have not given explicit permission to do so. If you prefer not to receive personalized communication about the new names in our program and exclusive benefits, you can always indicate this on the forms that you fill in and through which we receive your data. You can always unsubscribe afterwards.
- How can you consult and adjust your data?
You always have the option to view, change or delete the information provided to us about yourself. You can always change your preferences by sending us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our security measures to prevent the loss, misuse or modification of your data
When you provide us with your personal data, we take steps to ensure that it is as secure as possible.
Any sensitive information (such as credit card information) is encrypted. When you are on a secure page, you can also notice this by the lock logo in the browser. Moreover, the third parties that process this data for payments are also subject to strict security rules.
Less sensitive data such as your e-mail address are processed normally on the internet, so that the security of such a transaction can never be guaranteed 100%. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of such a transaction and you do so at your own risk. However, once we receive your information, we make every effort to treat it in our system as securely and encrypted as possible.
You chose a password to access certain parts of this website. It is your responsibility to keep your chosen password secret and not to share it with anyone.
We may analyze your personal information to better understand your interests and preferences. In this way we can communicate with you in a pertinent way if you wish. This way we can also make certain recommendations in your jazz profile.
- Use of “cookies”
- Links to other websites
Our website sometimes contains links to other websites operated by other organizations. The privacy statement that you read here is only valid on this website. We therefore recommend that you read the privacy statement on the linked websites. We are not responsible for the privacy settings of other websites.
The same applies to the websites of third parties (eg when paying your order). We are not responsible for their privacy settings and statements, even if you access them through this website.
- Minors (16 years or younger)
We are committed to protecting the privacy of any child aged 16 or under. If you are 16 or younger, please ask a parent or guardian for permission before providing us with your personal information.
- Revision of this privacy statement
We update this privacy statement from time to time so that it is always in accordance with the latest developments in the protection of your data. If you have further questions about this privacy statement, you can always send an email to email@example.com.
May 2020 version